Thank you for your interest in corporate volunteering. Many businesses are now seeing the short- and long-term benefits of bringing employees outside the walls of the office and into the volunteer space.
Whether this is your first company volunteer event, or you are seasoned pros, Habitat provides a fun, easy and engaging experience. We’re in the business of building safe, affordable housing, and would love to work with you.
Research has shown that employees prefer to work for companies invested in charitable causes, and volunteering is a terrific way to facilitate that need at a relatively low cost to you. It is especially important to the Millennial generation, born approximately 1980-2000, which is the second largest outside of the Baby Boomers and is now entering the workforce in droves.
Benefits to corporate volunteering with Habitat for Humanity
- Learn about your employees on a more personal level.
- Break down the hierarchy walls of traditional corporate structure.
- Assist in projects that provide a better future for other individuals.
- Provide a deeper connection to the area around you.
- Create a more stable environment for those in need.
- Share an experience that you can take back to the office.
Maybe you’ve already spent money on ropes courses, picnics or retreats, and those all certainly have their place. We believe it’s also valuable to invest time with your employees in meaningful work that will not only have an impact on them, but on the people, they help for years to come.
There are two primary ways for businesses to partner with us through volunteering:
- We will be happy to inform you of upcoming opportunities and plug you into one that best fits both of your needs.
- If your business is regional or national, and you’d like to volunteer across multiple Habitat locations, please contact us at 1-800-HABITAT (1-800-422-4828) and ask for our Corporate Relations department or email us at CorporatePartnerships@habitat.org.
Frequently asked questions
Do our employees need prior construction experience?
No, just come as you are. We have jobs and tasks for all skill levels and abilities including construction, beautification, running errands and touch-ups. In addition to build projects, you may choose to serve at the ReStore, which is our resale shop.
Will we get to meet the future Habitat homeowner from our build project?
Habitat’s future homeowners have requirements to fulfill, which we call sweat equity. This includes construction on their home and the homes of others participating in Habitat’s homeownership program. It is possible you will get to work with the homeowners. Other volunteer opportunities also include working in the ReStore where you will have the opportunity to work alongside Habitat staff and other volunteers.