Since our beginning in 1976, Habitat has been built on a foundation of faith. Our mission is to build safe, affordable housing with people in the United States and around the world, and that comes from a desire to put God’s love into action.
We are God’s hands and feet, here to serve others and show them His love. The tangible experiences that Habitat provides allow you to engage those around you, live your faith and offer a unique opportunity to love your neighbor. You’ll also can work alongside future Habitat homeowners.
No experience is necessary to volunteer, and all faith groups are welcome. We will teach you everything you need to know on the build site, and there are a variety of tasks both indoors and outdoors to participate in that require all levels of skill and ability. We also can offer tailored experiences to fit your group such as a focus for students, singles or small groups.
Volunteering together provides a way for your faith group to have fun together while pursuing a common goal. You will be strengthening your community and empowering Habitat homeowners to build a better future for themselves. Your service will also deepen your ties to the neighborhoods around you and provide stability for the city you all share.
Would you like to become one of our faith partners?
- Partner with us on a build or renovation project.
- Collaborate with other faith communities and plan a faith build, such as an Apostles Build, Lent Build or Interfaith Build.
- Involve your youth now to build a commitment to volunteering at an early age.
- Prepare on-site meals for Habitat volunteer crews.
- Serve on Habitat boards and committees, and in administrative offices and ReStores.
- Advocate for safe, affordable housing accessible for all. More than one in four people worldwide live in substandard housing conditions, including families in your area, and you can lend your voice to this critical issue.
- Host speakers who will communicate to your faith community about the need for safe, affordable housing.
- Donate one time or regularly to sponsor a build project or offer financial support.
- Collect Habitat for Humanity offerings at your church or faith gathering to build all or part of a house.
- Provide in-kind goods and services. Please contact us directly for details.
- Pray for the lives and communities of those touched by Habitat, which often includes vulnerable populations such as children, the elderly, disabled and socially marginalized. We believe very strongly in the power of prayer and know that our work could not continue without it.