Could You Use a Helping Hand? Habitat for Humanity Could Help
Helping Hands is an established community betterment program using volunteer and skilled labor to substantially reduce cost of repairs for qualified homeowners. Volunteers from the community will work side-by-side with you and members of your household.
With the Helping Hands Program, the homeowner pays only for purchased materials and administrative fees associated with the project. There is no profit added. If you answer “YES” to the following questions, you may qualify:
Does Your Home Have Current Repair Needs?
Examples may include peeling paint, leaky roof, drafty windows and doors, need for a wheelchair ramp, or overgrown landscaping.
Are You Willing to Make Loan Payments?
In keeping with the spirit of “a hand up, not a handout” there is an expectation of repayment for services rendered. A typical payment schedule might be up to five years with payments of $50 to $100 a month with zero interest due.
Are You Willing to Work?
Area volunteers will work with you and members of your household over the age of 14 during the construction. Alternative contributions can be approved if you are physically unable to participate in the project.
For more information or to have a member of the Habitat Team review a potential project, please contact us at (706) 745-7101.
We offer home repair services to homeowners through our “Helping Hands” program so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come.
Some of our home repair work includes painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair/building services to preserve home exteriors and revitalize neighborhoods.
How does Home Preservation work?
- Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to support the Helping Hands project in order to serve others in need.
Why do we offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
Contact us at (706) 745-7101 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or to recommend a family in need of assistance.